The Greater Vancouver Food Bank Society (GVFBS) is a non-profit organization whose mission is to empower people to nourish themselves by providing access to healthy food, education, and training. GVFBS provides assistance to over 28,000 people weekly through its one Community Food Hub, 15 food depots, and over 100 community agencies in the Vancouver area.
A grant from the Foundation will support the growth of GVFBS’ Community Food Hub model, which includes:
- Implementing an intake and evaluation system to collect information about clients, and sharing findings with partners and stakeholders to improve food security policy and social service delivery.
- Launching an additional seven Community Food Hubs in the Vancouver area. This involves determining the needs of client groups and working with the city and community partners to co-locate services.
- Consolidating and sharing the tools and approaches it has developed through this transformation with other regional food banks across Canada. This includes the development of an online learning centre that would enable regional food banks to access GVFBS materials as well as share their own tools and practices.
Visit www.foodbank.bc.ca for more information
- $ 350,000
- Funding Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: Social Innovation Fund