Launched in 2007, the New Mentality is a program of Children’s Mental Health Ontario (CMHO), an organization representing the providers of child and youth mental health treatment services throughout Ontario.
The New Mentality engages youth to help improve the mental health system and its services for children and youth through a network of youth facilitated groups from across Ontario. Working with partner agencies in their communities to reduce the stigma surrounding mental health, each group has dedicated youth and adult allies who work together on projects to promote meaningful engagement. Groups also advise agencies on how to create youth-friendly services and embed a youth voice into their work
A Foundation grant to Children’s Mental Health Ontario will support the New Mentality’s:
- Evaluation of its current activities in terms of their impact on agency practices, policies, and individual mental health outcomes.
- Testing and implementation of new approaches to supporting youth engagement in more communities across Ontario.
- Development of a new business model to support an expanded presence of the New Mentality across Ontario.
Visit www.kidsmentalhealth.ca and www.thenewmentality.ca for more information
- $ 350,000
- Funding Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: Social Innovation Fund