Background of the Organization
The Transition Accelerator is a new initiative that convenes researchers, industry experts, and civil society leaders to envision, chart, and pilot game-changing pathways that will help Canadians thrive into the 21st century and beyond. It was founded as a collaboration between Carleton University, University of Calgary and HEC, supported by members of the Clean Economy Fund.
To advance these pathways The Transition Accelerator employs a 4-stage methodology:
- Understand the system
- Codevelop pathways
- Analyze and improve
This grant will support the Transition Accelerator to develop three areas of activity:
- Expand research integrating social, economic and political analysis to identify achievable pathways for the transition to the low carbon economy;
- Create regional hubs for analysing social, economic and scientific data around key industry sectors; and
- Accelerate the development of consortia to design and implement innovations to reduce carbon emissions.
- Grant Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: Net-Zero Carbon Economy