Background of the organization:
Established in Montreal in 1960, the National Theatre School of Canada (NTS) offers professional training in English and French in acting, playwriting, directing, set and costume design, and technical production. Students are selected from all over Canada and in a few exceptional cases abroad.
This grant is to support the Cultural and Artistic Leadership Program, which provides young theatre artists with opportunities to participate in artistic and community leadership. The program has four components:
- creation of a Chair that allows NTS to facilitate inter-generational exchange by bringing in artistic leaders to inspire and mentor students
- funding for outstanding students to undertake research or artistic creation and production projects during their studies
- funding for outstanding students to undertake projects in the two years following their studies
- funding to allow outstanding students to attend artistic events that demonstrate leadership and serve as inspiration and example.
- Visit www.ent-nts.ca for more information
- $ 455,000
- Funding Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: Arts & Social Inclusion