Forces Avenir recognizes, honours, and promotes the initiative, creativity and entrepreneurship of students throughout Quebec. It does so through financial recognition and public celebration of outstanding leadership projects in fields such as environment, health, business, arts and social justice. In turn, public recognition of the value of student engagement in the community creates incentives for teachers and education officials to embrace a broader view of education that includes involvement in the community.
Forces Avenir contributes to the development of active and responsible citizens who are dedicated to their community and open to the world. This approach has led all of Quebecs 17 universities to participate in the program.
Over the next few years, Forces Avenir will adapt and introduce its program into French and English secondary schools in Quebec, recognizing and promoting student engagement in projects that integrate academic achievement with community involvement.
Awards will be presented to
- individual students and groups who have demonstrated leadership in using their academic abilities to initiate a community project;
- teachers who have helped students to get involved in extracurricular activities
- students who have persevered in their studies in spite of personal and academic challenges
The public celebration of success stories in the local media and within schools will take place every month during the school year.
In addition to tracking the effects of the program on participating schools and alumni, the project will be evaluated according to its capacity to influence the policy framework, teacher behaviour and the allocation of resources within participating school boards over time.
- $ 525,000
- Funding Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: General contributions