About the organization
The Commonwealth Climate and Law Initiative (CCLI) is a research, education, and outreach project focused on four Commonwealth countries: Australia, Canada, South Africa, and the United Kingdom. CCLI examines the legal basis for directors and trustees to take account of physical climate change risk and societal responses to climate change under prevailing statutory and common (judge-made) laws.
Full Grant Description:
A grant from the Foundation will be used by the Canadian CCLI group to support four activities:
- Communication and knowledge mobilization;
- Test case to expand the legal definition of fiduciary duty;
- Develop case studies on exemplary Canadian corporations and pensions funds; and
- Contribute to the international group.
- Funding Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: Net-Zero Carbon Economy