Background of the organization
Established in 1993, the Canadian Association of Physicians for the Environment (CAPE) supports volunteer physicians to be advocates for healthier environments and ecosystems. CAPE takes action to enable health for all by engaging with governments, running campaigns, conducting research, and drawing media attention to key issues. The organization collaborates with other organizations, nationally and internationally, to work effectively together.
CAPE will implement campaigns to accelerate climate mitigation measures that promote health, including:
- replacing natural gas stoves and heating in homes;
- banning new natural gas in residences;
- supporting a just transition away from fossil fuel development;
- regulating advertising of fossil fuel products.
A full-time climate director will also be hired, and this project will train and support 300 physicians across Canada to address the health risks of fossil fuels.
- $ 495,000
- Funding Type: Focus Area Funding
- Funding Stream: Climate
Organization website and social media