Founded in the US in 1980, Ashoka International is a global organization that seeks to accelerate social change by identifying and investing in leading social entrepreneurs.
Core programs in Canada include Ashoka’s Venture and Fellowship program; Changemakers.com; the Ashoka Support Network; the Ashoka University Program; Youth Venture; and Social Finance Services.
The Foundation’s grant will support the preparation and launch of Ashoka Canada’s Inspiring Approaches to First Nations, Métis and Inuit Learning Changemakers Competition.
The competition will solicit innovative projects and ideas to improve First Nations, Métis and Inuit Learning, using the Changemakers collaborative online platform. The platform will allow participants to share ideas, access resources and connect with a community of innovators from across Canada and around the world.
Top entries, selected by a panel of First Nations, Metis and Inuit judges and a community vote, will receive awards (ranging from $500 to $5,000) and will have the opportunity to attend a Summit in April 2012, in Ottawa, to share their work with philanthropists, educators, and others dedicated to improving First Nations, Métis and Inuit learning outcomes.
- Follow-Up Survey Findings: Impacts of the Changemakers Initiative
- Summary of Post Discovery Framework — Changemakers Intiative: Inspiring Approaches to First Nations, Métis and Inuit Learning
- Post Discovery Framework — Changemakers Intiative: Inspiring Approaches to First Nations, Métis and Inuit Learning
Visit www.changemakers.com for more information
- Funding Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: McConnell Reconciliation Initiative