With this grant, TNSC plans to carry out work in three principal areas:
- Creating sustainable communities – Building on the Whistler and Canmore experience, TNSC is now broadening the types of communities it works with. Foundation funding would be used to support project selection and planning, and to develop relevant tools and materials.
- Sustaining momentum – TNSC will convene annual meetings and offer other learning opportunities, such as peer exchanges, for an emerging network of community sustainability practitioners, including an online learning group.
- Building organizational capacity – which includes fundraising and communications, staff training, evaluation capacity and partnership development.
Visit www.thenaturalstep.org/canada for more information.
- Grant Type: Past Initiatives
- Initiatives: Net-Zero Carbon Economy