Background of the organization
SKETCH works with young people, ages 16-29, from across Canada, who navigate homelessness and marginalization to:
- experience the transformative power of the arts,
- build leadership and self-sufficiency in the arts,
- cultivate social and environmental change through the arts.
Funding will contribute to increasing access to arts leadership, coaching, mentoring and resource-sharing opportunities for Queer, Trans, Black, Indigenous, and Person of Colour Youth. Together with youth, community-led research will be conducted on upstream causes of systemic marginalization, while simultaneously advancing policy solutions to address the structural foundations of these systems. Validating and elevating young people’s lived experiences is woven throughout project design and implementation.
- Grant Type: Focus Area Funding
- Funding Stream: Communities
Organization website and social media