Background of the organization
The NWT On The Land Collaborative (the Collaborative) was created in 2015 to promote and support on the land initiatives in the Northwest Territories. The Collaborative brings together government, charitable, corporate, and other partners to combine efforts and make it easier for communities to access money and other resources for on the land projects.
The Collaborative is comprised of Community Advisors, Funding Partners, and an Administrative Team.
The NWT On the Land Collaborative is developed to maximize the amount and flexibility of funding and other resources available for on-the-land initiatives in the NWT, and to make these resources easier to access. The Collaborative brings together government, charitable and other partners to combine efforts and pool resources – including funding, expertise, equipment, evaluation measures and other supports.
The objective of the project is to:
- stabilize the nascent NWT On The Land Collaborative Fund by deepening existing partnerships and increasing partnership diversity
- evaluate and share the collaborative model across jurisdictions
- develop and implement evaluative measures for on the land programming.
- $ 805,000
- Funding Type: Focus Area Funding
- Funding Stream: Reconciliation
Organization website and social media