Background of the organization
Based in Nova Scotia, The Ulnooweg Education Centre is an Indigenous-led registered charitable organization that empowers Indigenous communities through the advancement of education through collaborative research, development, and delivery of educational programs and initiatives through a holistic approach of traditional values in culture and language.
Formed in 2017, the non-profit Wolastoqey Nation in New Brunswick, provides technical advice to Wolastoqey Communities and supports to ensure that the constitutional duty to consult owed to the Wolastoqey is being met and Wolastoqey Aboriginal and Treaty Rights are being recognized and implemented.
Community Forests International protects and restores forests, supports communities to adapt to climate change and builds economic prosperity.
Funding will contribute to supporting land-based economic reconciliation by :
1) piloting co-managed land between First Nations and Community Forests International
2) storytelling / knowledge sharing of traditional Indigenous land management practices within Indigenous and non-Indigenous communities, and
3) training individuals in First Nations on forestry management practices for selling carbon offsets.
- $ 379,659
- Funding Type: Focus Area Funding
- Funding Stream: Reconciliation
Organization website and social media